Reflections Arts Program
PTA Reflections is a nationally acclaimed student recognition program to encourage artistic creativity in the classroom and at home. Students of all grades and abilities may participate and explore the arts based on the 2020-2021 theme: I Matter Because...
Students may choose one or all of the available arts categories:
Interested? Follow these 3 easy steps!
1. Reflect on the Theme and Get Creative!
Think about the 2020-2021 theme: I Matter Because.... We want to know who you are and how you see the world around you. This is your chance to express who you are as an individual through one or more of the following:
- Dance Choreography
- Film Production
- Music Composition
- Visual Arts
Your work will be reviewed by experienced arts and education volunteers. Judges look for the following:
- Interpretation: How closely the piece relates to the theme, based on the artwork itself and the artist statement.
- Creativity: How creative and original the piece is in its conception of the theme and its presentation.
- Technique: The level of skill demonstrated in the basic principles/techniques of the arts area.
For inspiration, visit our nation award-winning Art Gallery.
2. Tell Us About Your Work
Fill out the Student Entry form and the Student Consent form found in the 'student packet' for each artwork piece and turn them into a teacher or the office by Thursday, Oct 15, 2020.
In your artist statement, tell us about your work and what it means to you.
- How does your work relate to the theme?
- What is your personal connection to the theme?
- What did you use to create your work (e.g. supplies, technology, instrumentation, props, etc.)?
- What/Who was your inspiration?
Submit digital files to email@example.com or turn in original artwork to a teacher or the office by Wednesday, Oct 15, 2019. Be sure to follow the rules for each art category carefully. Any artwork submitted that does not follow the rules will not be eligible to move onto the District level.
3. Win Awards & Prizes!
Artworks are submitted to San Gabriel PTA, where they are first recognized, celebrated and judged in 2 grade-level divisions (PK-2, 3-5) while a non-judged Special Artists division celebrates student artists with special needs. San Gabriel PTA will choose a selection of entries to be judged by the 24th district PTA. These artworks will receive a $5 Gift Certificate to our Fall Book Fair. The final artworks submitted to California State PTA by districts are then considered for Awards of Excellence or Awards of Merit. Award of Excellence entries then go on to represent California in the final National PTA judging round. Find more information here.
Questions? Contact Vy Pierce at firstname.lastname@example.org